Maltezske namesti 11, Praha 1
Opening hours: daily 12:00-23:00
86 seats in 2 rooms
Czech and French cuisine
Restaurant is located in the 16th century building in the heart of Lesser Town and few minutes from the Charles Bridge. Upon entering the restaurant, visitors will be enchanted by the historical atmosphere and magic of old times. The restaurant was established in 1543 and, amongst its “barflies”, was Emperor Rudolph II who came to dine there on recommendation from his royal staff, who were sent to find the most hospitable restaurant in the area. At the beginning of the 20th century it became a favourite place for artists, bohemians and painters who came here seeking acclaimed Moravian wine. They often paid with their own works or were finishing the murals instead. A combination of traditional cuisine, high quality wines and historical interior will enable visitors to entirely enjoy the atmosphere and fully appreciate the dinner at such a remarkable place which restaurant U Malíøù doubtlessly is. We highly recommend this space for romantic meals by candlelight.